Rocket Bicycle Studio presents the WIsconsin Brick Adventure, or WIBA. These events are supported weekends of brick workouts on the Ironman Wisconsin swim, bike and run courses. Your host, Rocket Bikes, will open their doors as a home-base to provide support and all their amenities at your disposal. Participate in a laid-back, train at your own pace, introduction to the course with athletes who have spent many hours in the area and who have completed Ironman Wisconsin in the past.
This event began 12 years ago as a small training weekend among friends and has since grown to over 200 joining together on scheduled weekends to share information, knowledge and knock out some high quality training as a group.
2018 marks the 12th Anniversary of WIBA!
WIBA Primer is a one-day supported training event. The focus of this early season event is to give you a peak at the Ironman Wisconsin bike course. We will provide on-site support, SAG support on course and a post-ride educational talk. We will be supporting athletes to ride one loop (approximately 40 miles) at the Primer event.
Here is a tentative agenda for WIBA Primer (as of 02/21/18):
6:30am - Doors open at Rocket Bikes
7:30am - Group talk about the Ironman Wisconsin bike course
7:50 - 8:15am - Slow roll out of all athletes onto the bike course
11:30am - Bike course support ends
11:30am - 1 hour seminar on power management specific to the Ironman Wisconsin course followed by a short talk on nutrition for long distance
any time - those looking for a post-ride run route, we will provide as needed
Rocket Bikes will provide -
- a home-base for all those training this day
- SAG support along the course
- one aid-station stop (location TBD)
- SAG support for a one loop ride of the Ironman Wisconsin course (estimated 40 miles)
- power and nutrition seminar post-ride
- food for snacks
- Rocket Bikes is a full service shop, if there are mechanical needs we are able to assist and charge accordingly. We also have a full line-up of bike accessories, ride to ride needs and nutrition.
- maps for the bike course (we will not be marking the course, as it is illegal)
What you will need -
- energy and a smile
- your bike and all necessary cycling gear
- nutritional needs for that day
WIBA Primer is $15.
Our other event is the WIBA Main Event in July. Register for both events and save. Please go to our event page for more details.
WIBA Main Event is $25
WIBA Primer + Main Event is $35
Registration opened November 1, 2017
Click HERE to register
Area Hotels If Needed
Double Tree by Hilton Madison, Downtown Madison
Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Verona
Super 8 Verona
Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Downtown Madison
Clarion Suites Alliant Energy, Downtown Madison
EMAIL US AT ANY TIME FOR QUESTIONS.
info @ rocket bicycle studio DOT come
WE WILL BE PROVIDING MORE DETAILS OVER TIME.
IF THE INFO IS NOT HERE, IT HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED YET.